This morning I sat on one couch and talked with this son for a long time. I smiled as I took the picture, all Jake's "tricks of the trade" littering the floor. His boots and hat are musts! We talked about the unimportant and the important all in the same conversation. He's a good boy/man/son:)
I love talking with my kids and I imagine it must seem that I share it all here? The truth is that a very small amount of those talks ever make it here. Seems as my kids get older the same old line is always issued at the end of a conversation...it goes like this "mom, please don't blog this". :) And I don't. I usually really really want to! Like the yap with my Caleb this morning....it ended in that phrase too.
The do not tell blog and my thoughts would really rock should I ever get to share it....I doubt that day ever comes and like all the things rolling around in my head it will eventually roll out!
Last night as we were eating dinner the kids (and company) were talking about different high school clubs and such. Jessica, Tasha's friend, said she wanted to be on the yearbook staff. I said that would be great. I went on to say that I was on the yearbook staff and even editor in chief my Senior year. They didn't understand that title and it prompted Rosie to ask, "what year did you graduate?" As if the editor-in-chief was a terribly outdated term. I told her "I graduated in '84", to which she quickly replied, "was that 1884 or 1984?" lol:) Tasha, being pretty quick said, "Just how old do you think she is??!!" Thank you Tasha. I was feeling old, but now 45 sounds a lot better than 145!!
The sillies I can always share....the rest? All depends on those 5 little words (and the please always counts double!).

No comments:
Post a Comment