Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hardest course and dreaming

"Victoria you choose the hardest way out of a situation."  spoken by Sarah.

Why oh why do some children do that?  I have a bunch of kiddos who just simply do not look for the easy way out.  You would think that experience would pull them to the easier path, but it seems to me that justice or the desire for justice prevails. If you have ever had two kids argue you quickly realize in their mind "justice" is not usually the course of least resistance!

Today I had a teen argue with me.  I really hate disrespect.  I lost my temper, plain and simple.  I went to that teen and said, "I refuse to allow you to anger me like that again.  You simply need to know that the next time you talk back I will begin counting. For every disregardful word I will count, each word will equate to a week of being grounded.  If you ever reach 3 months worth of grounding you will move back to the end of the house with the little girls (younger girls).  And if I do not have a written and verbal apology by the time you go to bed tonight I will move back to the little girls end today."

Self talk...it's a positive and it does help me to feel better.  I will chose the path of least resistance, because I really hate conflict. Although if you live in this house it so often does not seem like it!  As a mom I am very often  pulled out of my comfort zone, but each and ever time it is for a greater good.

Yesterday I talked with a daughter (my girls are on a roll) about life (life of a 16 year old).  You know, life with teenagers is often war.  War I fight  FOR my children!  I do not like failure.  I refuse to allow any of them to destroy their future on my watch.  (I laughed at myself while typing that!) I KNOW those are tall words and I know I am the very very first to spout that my children's "choices" determine their "life".  BUT I do believe that if I have one bent on destruction the very least I can do is limit those destructive capabilities to the house (as in no privileges to  go forth and destroy).  THAT job, well, that job is often huge.  I feel, strongly, that God gave me these children and he really wants them to be AWESOME adults!!  I want that too!!

I want them to grow up and be great "thems" (haha ...not at all grammatical...but what I want none the less).

One such "great" would be like this:
This is Joseph and John's house (yep I said HOUSE).  It is just a little bit (as in less than half a mile) down the road.  I am very proud of guys who "grow-up" and live well!

Or like this son:


He can fix just about anything. I am so glad he uses his talent and that he is successfully working and he's happy:)


I like those successes!!  Not at all the "hard way out", these guys have found their paths, roads, freeways and are moving on in a great way!

Speaking of moving on?  I told all my little girls last night I was going to purchase this bed for them:


Every night they all pile up in the same room.  Usually Lita's room is the chosen location. Lita has a double bed and lots of room so the girls actually drag their mattress's in the room on either side of the bed and sleep.  I laughed that I could have 4 guest rooms if they all just slept here!  I personally loved the stairs and the drawers in them.  I did talk to Scott about "someday" having at least one of these in a guest bedroom. I can so easily see Chelsea and Bo bringing home their children and having them close:)  Neat bed. I found it at The Bunk Bed King and they have them in every shape size and color! 
When I think about the future I see the home I want to live in.  It has a 1000 sq ft kitchen and a 1000 sq ft living room and TWO bedrooms:)  Although no one understands me when I say I would be willing to finish the attic space and put beds in the eves.  Today I was on The Pioneer Womans site and she had linked to The Lettered Cottage because of a neat design she created for them. In looking myself?  I found this!  How very creative! In my mind I had not added the little touches, like the port holes between beds!  Love this!!


I love to dream, especially when my teenager engulfed brain needs a break!!  BTW...I'm thinking I need lots of these beds for all those sweet grandchildren I will have someday!  lol:)

No comments:

Post a Comment