Friday, August 26, 2011

Still in the Fight


Video is a must see.  Written and sung by Mike Corrado.  The second young man in the video is Kyle Carpenter. Kyle when to high school here in Savannah with a bunch of my big kids.  His story of recovery and his fight has been incredible.  His story is the story of many Americans even though we do not pay them enough gratitude.

We know the ability to fight is HUGE.  Last night one of Jacob and John's classmates was killed in a car accident.  The car hit and tree and the car caught on fire, it is believed he was dead on impact. The driver walked away with a broken arm. 

I thought today that the very idea of him burning alive made me want to throw up.  This young guy played on Scott' junior pro basketball team years ago.  It is so heart-breaking.

As I consider my walk with Christ....it should make me want to throw up every single time a Christian falls way, every single time I miss the opportunity to bring someone to Christ.  I should feel sick at the thought of anyone burning!  That picture, that image should always move me.

"And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. "" Mark 16:15

No comments:

Post a Comment