I seem to always be saying "one of the greatest blessings in life is.....". The truth is that God is so very good and there really are so many great blessings in my life!! There are so many things that I count precious.
So, that clarified, I will start my post again......
One of the greatest blessings in life is the fellowship of Christians! And I don't just mean my Savannah church family, I mean ALL God's families. While we were in Sweetwater at the ball tournament we got up on Sunday and did what we always do....we went to worship. As we greeted other ball players and their families I thought of this world we live in, so very often we just do not stop and take notice of WHO our family is! We sat beside other teams and even some other people we had never met before....but what incredible common ground.
The man who lead the prayer (and I wish I could remember the beautiful words by memory) talked about traveling and finding family in new places. He talked about being able to come together to worship and know what you share with all those assembled. Heaven is going to be that way! Someday I will stand, sit or simply be with those I have never seen but will share the most important things in this life with.
As we sang and prayed and worshiped with the Sweetwater family I found myself so greatly encouraged by the fellowship and I know (because they said) we encouraged them by being far from home and seeking them.
I have decided that travel ball playing is simply not for me, not now, likely not ever. I found it hard to find common values and common faith among those who do not seek His will and His desires. I find absolutely nothing wrong with sports, but sports that take the place of worship? Not for me and my house!!
I realize my comments might be thought of as harsh, but truly how I feel. On our trip one man took a large group of ball players to Hooters. Sarah saw it on facebook and texted, "Ryan wasn't one of the boys who went to Hooters was he?" She was joking but apparently 8 of the 12 went to Hooters...these are eleven and twelve year old boys. And before I have anyone shout....lol...I don't care how good their food is....people do not go there because of the food and people who have modesty would choose to not have their boys looking at young women's chests!! That lifestyle, that is not what we are about. I am ever so grateful Ryan had the opportunity to play, truly. But, I can't say that it was a blessing, Life is what you make it!! I think so often people can consider things "blessings" that might actually carry them away from God, that is not a blessing, it's a sin. Sin the devil is quick to disguise as a "blessing". Choices give us the ability to move to God or away from God....
We were blessed though the choices we made....we will continue to be blessed by the choices we make. And when we are far from home? There will be part of our family nearby:)
No comments:
Post a Comment