There are times my house feels like Grand Central Station:) I thrive in those moments, I love the hustle and bustle of excited travelers. I smiled as I wrote that last line, right along with the happy excited travelers are the mad frustrated whining ones too. I have a nice variety, although I am thankful for the joy most!
Sarah and her friend Halley where here last night.
Sarah refused to pose with Halley because she did not want to be on the blog unbeautified (my words not hers...but same meaning).
This morning I had three more kiddos head to school for the first day!
Victoria went to her first ever and most exciting first day of middle school!
My youngest daughter sure is growing up!!! What a sweet blessing she is to us:)
Mercedez ......
And Rosie.....
Both entering 10th grade and both ready to go! They are my oldest at home girls. They have a big load to responsibility in my mind....lots of little people are watching them and their choices. I love that Mercedez allowed Tori to sleep in her room last night and helped her get up and going this morning:) A great big sister!!
And this morning our friend Peri left for home. Peri is one of three guys who were here this summer selling books for Southwestern. Peri was by far the family favorite (because he spent what little time he had interacting with them). He is a really neat guy and we will all miss him! He will be heading back to UGA in Georgia and will be entering his Sophomore year. We wish him all the best in life!!
I do have to share this funny. We were teasing Ryan about his head...this head....
Ryan's hair is so big currently that he has to have help getting his helmet off. We were telling him if he would shave it that would not be a problem. Peri talked about playing football in high school and (thankfully to me) talked positively about how much easier it was to keep. He also told Ryan that in his high school the seniors were allowed to shave the freshman's heads in crazy fashion. Ryan said, "What high school was that?" He would avoid that one...lol:)
We had a long football talk which ended up in my finding this blog from years ago....
Reggie the devil and Deon
I thought about Caleb. He and I haven't revisited this conversation in a very long time! I must correct myself though, Peri informed me that it was not a linebacker that tackled Reggie, it was a defensive back.
We will miss Peri and we always miss our loved ones who are far from home!!
And for Caleb, this picture I took as I was getting into the car this morning to take people to school. Seth did not attend school today but rode along with us. This is Seth in his pajamas....recognize anything?
In the midst of Grand Central Station last night...Doug and Nolan home for dinner, Joseph home for dinner, Sarah and Halley home for dinner and Stuart home for dinner (not to mention all my little people and me and Scott)....in the midst of preparing dinner Nina and Victoria created this Igloo masterpiece which she wanted to be sure made it to the blog...lol...that was funny to me.
It is a lovely creation. The picture was taken by Victoria too (as I was cooking at the time). It was also sadly destroyed by Seth at the prompting of Michael <sigh> . Such is life at Grand Central Station!!
On a sad and thoughtful prayerful note. My sweet friend Felicia in Georgia sent me a message this morning about a friend she graduated. She asked for prayers for all who would remember her friends family. Her friend's 21 year old brother drown in the ocean this week trying to save another person. Her friend just moved into her dorm at college and their family is so lost. In our "Grand Central Station" of life there will always be those who are sad, sick and lost. There are always those grieving. As I pray for this family I wish you would too. I hope my life never gets so busy that I don't remember those who need us and need our prayers!! Make a difference today in prayer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment