![]() |
| My Granny Holt and my mom...sometime in the 80's |
Sarah has been home this last week and we have spent some time (haha..a lot of time) talking about the wedding. What a joyful time, slightly stressful, but joyful none the less! In the midst of it all I sometimes get sad. The two ladies above would have given anything to be there! My Granny Holt and my mom. Oh how much they loved Sarah! They would love to hear all the silly details, they would have opinions and advice...they would share the joy so very well!
![]() |
| Stacy hold Sarah and Chelsea, Sept 1989 |
While I'm wishing? Stacy, I'd like Stacy there too. Stacy died when Sarah was 6. I cannot tell you how much Stacy and Sarah are alike.....in appearance and behavior. Stacy was the blond to my brunette, the storm to my smooth sailing, the laughter at the craziest moments, the Murphy Law was written with Stacy in mind....she was so much fun, she was my little sister and she was my best friend. I've spent 16 years talking to her in my head, oh how she would have LOVED to be here for the crazy moments of my life. She loved children far more than I did (ha-ha...or do). She was the one destined to have dozens. But, life has a way of changing our plans.
These three women are among the most missed people in my life....on big planning days I miss them the most! These three women loved me and my family more than most....and they did so unconditionally.
As I think of Sarah marrying I remember all the silly things she shared with each of my loved ones...the silly sayings and the laughter. I think that Sarah carries a bit of each of them in her, they all loved children, loved life and I see that so clearly in Sarah!
![]() |
| Riding with Chance....I think the silliness speaks for itself! |
![]() |
| With Aiden playing with frogs (note Sarah with frog in hand!) |
![]() |
| Ballgaming with Cooper |
![]() |
| Short Mountian Bible Camp, Summer 2010 |
This wedding is going to be wonderful.....my Sarah is all grown up....and life is certainly good. I suppose I will simply have to make lots of memories and store them all up!! Memories are pretty wonderful and memories will just have to do until Heaven:)







Beautiful post, Amanda, and oh, so very true! More joyous and wonderful people I never knew than your Granny, Mom and Stacy! Your words are further proof that the ones we love are never truly gone. Not if we not only carry them with us in our hearts, but take the time to share stories about them. Love you so much, friend! :)
ReplyDelete