Thursday, September 15, 2011

My class

I love teaching ladies class.  I really love being with my dear sisters and sharing most.  Tonight we were talking about God's
 faithfulness.

Part of my reading was in Acts 7:55, it says that Jesus was standing at the right hand of God when the mob stoned Stephen. As I read I wondered why was he standing?

This week is Homecoming at our high school.  On Friday night we, many or most of us, will watch the game from the stands.  Imagine (and we are really having a tough year so REALLY use your imagination) there is 10 seconds on the clock, the game is tied and we have the ball on the one yard line.  What are you doing?  Sitting?  Reading through the program? Talking to your neighbor?  Eating popcorn?  NO....we are STANDING and cheering our team, lending support in the best way we know!

I think of Jesus doing just that as I read that verse in Acts.  He cheers for those who are faithful until death, like Stephen.  That image is more fitting to me than Jesus and God laid back on the couch watching like we're a TV show.  The standing and watching....that is the faithfulness of our Lord.  When all looks like defeat, is to some eternal victory. I have no doubt that Stephen went on to victory.

This week I heard a radio interview with max Lucado.  He was talking about how we run to God during times of trouble.  He said something that made me really listen (and I am likely not quoting it perfectly because I was driving down the road and not taking notes).....

"In times of crisis we go to God, but from God's perspective our lives here on earth are always in crisis!"

Isn't that true?  As Christians we have to acknowledge that we are in serious trouble, it is only through Christ we find the answers.

In the moments of this life we need to work at being faithful.  But even more profound is the thought that in ALL the moments of our life, GOD IS FAITHFUL! 

God keeps His promises, His track record speaks for itself.   He is true to His word, His word is pure(Psalm 119:140) and enduring(Psalm 145:13).  He never misses a step, He fulfills all his promises(Joshua 23:14).  How blessed we are to be His!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment