Mercedez leaving in my car ALONE! A big giant first!
This morning Mercedez was ready to drive to school.....drive my car to school that is. While it might happen someday? I have NO desire to turn her loose in the most reliable vehicle I have.
I have already had the long talk that included "Why you get to drive". Why? For mom and dad's convenience ONLY. We bought the vehicles, pay the insurance, buy the gas, only for our benefit will a young driver be going anywhere. There are lots and lots of conditions and behaviors and the big T (trust) required as well.
Today, Mercedez drove to the bowling alley to pick up Dan after his team practice and to the middle school to pick up Ryan after his practice and back home. They all arrived alive:)
So turning her loose? Nodda chance, using her new-found love of driving? Sometimes!!
She is growing up!
ReplyDelete