Friday, September 2, 2011

A new day!

I enjoy seeing this sight.  Nearly every morning Lita gets up and helps water. No one asks her too. She doesn't complain about getting wet, she prepares!  Her cute boots are not her daily adornment, but are her "not going to get my feet or pants wet" shoes.  She is such a sweet spirit, a sigh of relief, a breeze in the dessert....lol...you got the picture?  A joy.

Today is a new day, a day I am blessed to have!  I don't think Kristy would mind me sharing this ....

Our friend Aaron Bell is battling cancer, and I do mean battling.  I have talked about his fight before.  A classmate of Rosie and Mercedez and a friend of so many!!  His sweet mom Kristy teaches at our elementary school.  Kristy has taught my children before but has had nearly all of them as our school librarian.  Aaron's caring bridge is here.  I left a note there last night and in part of it told Kristie about Seth wearing his gold ribbon home from school because  to quote Kristy, "SEPTEMBER is CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS MONTH!!!! The GOLD ribbon represents Childhood Cancer Awareness!!!"  Seth told me why he was wearing it (and he did actually know and understand) and then he told me it was lucky!  He said, "Today I would have been hit by a ball if it hadn't been for this ribbon."  Faith and believing are half the battle! 



Please add Aaron to your prayer lists....I read this last night ........

46/7 is REAL!! How many of you know what it signifies?
Each day, 46 children are diagnosed with cancer. 
Each day, 7 children die from childhood cancer.


Cancer is horrible and childhood cancer is every parents nightmare, so I truly believe that we should be prayerful!!

Changing direction, loss is horrible no matter the "reason".  Yesterday a husband and father of two toddlers was killed in a horrible accident in our town.  The man worked out at the gym with Scott and Scott really enjoyed that time.  The man died right after they both left the gym yesterday morning. 

Our world is FULL of suffering and we need to always keep those in mind, in our prayers.  Life is so often "too much", until we remember that our Lord is there to erase the too much and deliver us.  We must simply depend on Him. 

This world should be one of the greatest motivators to increasing our prayer life!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment