Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer is almost here!!

Summer is quickly approaching! Today all my children were home from school for a teachers in service. It felt like we had jump started summer! I'm very much ready for school to be out!


I try to be very cautious about facebook with my kids. I set high standards of even having the opportunity to have a facebook account and then behavior seriously impacts whether or not you are allowed on. I currently have a couple who have accounts but do not have permission to get on.


That said, I am always concerned about the lack of censorship I see on facebook. Our world, phones with technology way more serious than most young children and middle children need are seemingly the "norm" and computers can take a child to a place they have no business being! Today I saw this status on facebook (I am changing all the particulars):


Sara Jane Johnson is in a relationship.


Susan Smith likes this.

Joanne Howell says, "WHO?????"

Sara Jane Johnson says, "Brain"

Misty Martin says, "Brain who?"

Sarah Jane Johnson says, "Boone I think? IDK"

Misty Martin says, "Awe!!!"



It raises so so many questions. "Why are you in a relationship with someone you don't know?" Kids sometimes kill me! And why would the fact that you think you might have guessed the right last name of your boyfriend be a sweet response? And we wonder why kids get themselves into so much trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment