
I have to say that this son, Caleb, has built things all his life. He built ramps that we are thankful no one died one and masterpieces that only Caleb understood. He put my Mother's Day swing together and hung in in the tree. He has worked with his hands, but never to the degree that he world this leave.
Caleb and Seth had an ongoing conversation (via email and pictures) of the tree house Seth so much wanted Caleb to "help" him build. This conversation lasted about 8 months. At times I thought it got pretty ridiculous, but they sure did enjoy the dream!
When Caleb got home he was busy. After being gone for so very long he truly had places to go and people to see. He saved the tree house to do last. I was sceptical (and kept that to myself) that he would have time to finish it. I was also concerned about the actual plans. Caleb had not paper plans, only plans in his head that he would happily diagram for me but still....
Caleb began in the stand of trees in our back yard. The tree house, which is over 20 feet long and 12 feet wide began. These pictures(above) are of day two.
Day three came in a vengeance, the tree house looking awesome and beginning to take shape.
Day four brought serious walls and railings. The decking all being complete and walkable.
Day Five began early and brought along all the finishing touches. It was the longest working day and with Pa and Dad helping out he made some fast progress. I laughed hearing Pa say that at one point he asked Caleb (who was using a screw gun to put in screws) if he could give him a rest. Caleb looked up and said, "No but if you want to help there's another cordless screw gun". Caleb
worked relentlessly!

>
>
In the middle of all this work was lots of one on one time with brothers and friends. I know Caleb talked with little brothers about honoring your word. He told them about his promise to Seth. He explained that if he had not kept his word, honored his promise, the treehouse would have never happened. A very strong example for my boys who are looking at a mansion of a treehouse and years of hard play! I love that Caleb put his thoughts into words and that he shared those words with the boys.
These are the final pictures....INCREDIBLE!











And the when you look into my backyard? This is what you see .......

PS. It truly needs to be said.... While I talk about the things Caleb said and the example he set I did not mention one of the biggest examples ...Caleb paid for every single thing you see. He put his own money where his mouth was and this is his 100% gift to the kids!
PS. It truly needs to be said.... While I talk about the things Caleb said and the example he set I did not mention one of the biggest examples ...Caleb paid for every single thing you see. He put his own money where his mouth was and this is his 100% gift to the kids!
He is more than welcome to "work his magic" in Northern Uganda :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy to have your son home.
Blessings,
S
no words except WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is awfully fun:) Summer do you have a Lowes nearby? lol:) Not sure he could pull it off without one..
ReplyDelete