Today was Wednesday...aka...hump day. It felt a little like a Wednesday:)
We have good news regarding Sam, I will have to share more when I can. In a Sam funny...today I was talking to his teacher about his work when she shared that there were 3 Senior girls who got into trouble and were in alternative school. These are smart girls, the kind that take Calculus, so the teacher had them helping other students. Apparently after helping Sam for a while one girl told the teacher, "I was really planning on being a teacher but Sam is really getting on my nerves! I don't think I have what it takes to teach!". A big lesson learned by that teenager, but not all kids are like Sam! None are the same but certainly a bunch are easier.
We are going to have a "where are we going" meeting soon. The teachers at Alternative School do not see Sam being able to make it in High School. Not surprising to Scott and I, but there still has to be a plan. I asked questions and hopefully we will be able to look down the road for him.
Sam continues to be tough. Enough said.
I did talk to Caleb today:) He is back in Germany and doing well. He had been shopping. He bought some furniture for his home there...a leather chair, an end table and an antique dresser. I love his style:)
I smiled over the weekend as Nina brought her tooth to our house on Sunday night. I am not really sure when she lost it but asked her, "Did the tooth fairy bring you money?" I was thinking she might be double dipping..lol. She shook her head saying, "Only ONE other time here!" I so often forget that Nina's family is so very different culturally. No tooth fairy, no Christmas, no any holiday truthfully...except for Chinese New Year. Nina is so appreciative and I love her heart! Sarah and I were commenting the other day that Nina's most common phrase is "Ohhhh, thank you!". Easy to do for this sweet girl!
Tonight I sat in youth group meetings before church and it dawned on me as I was coming home....ALL my children are in the youth group (middle school to high school) except for Seth. How quickly time changes our lives!!
Jacob begins training for his new job this Friday. He is so ready.
Tomorrow is a day I look to with some dread and uncertainty. Joseph is flying home for the boys graduation. He is going back a week later. Nothing has changed in his life at all. Still not moving forward. He is enabled right now to do pretty much nothing. Scott and I would like to see him moving forward, becoming a productive member of society. Not yet. I worry about his words and influence over the other children. Although he has always been so self-absorbed he does not have strong ties with any but John. It is quite sad truthfully. He has not spoken to me or texted or anything since January. I have texted him and messaged him on holidays and wished him well, to have no response. Then on Mother's Day he texted, "happy mothers day. i love you". I had lots of things I wanted to say...but only replied, "Thanks. I love you too". It is true I do love Joseph very much, but I struggle with his behavior. I struggle with seeing pictures of him with beer can holding men who are all throwing hand signs. I worry that this "new" lifestyle (one that is NOT Christian) will continue. I am going to have to button my mouth shut! He knows better and he chooses poorly.
In a very very happy moment (I sure love those!). Doug came in yesterday with a wrapped box and a letter. He apologized for being late for Mother's Day. I reminded him that I was a mother every single day of the year....you can't be late:) The letter was so beautiful...I sure do love this son!! And in the box? A diamond necklace.....my first. I have one that belonged to my mother and I cherish it so much. Now I have another to cherish, courtesy of one of my sweet blessings from God!
There are so many moments in life that I want to remember. I try to plop some here to help my brain remember:) If I keep blogging I will have a lot of help in my old age remembering life!! Even hump days are special!
SO much happening! I will keep Sam in my prayers. I can't imagine the feelings your are experiencing right now, anticipating tomorrow. It can be so difficult to admit someone we love is beyond where we can help. {{{Hugs}}}
ReplyDelete