Sunday, August 5, 2012

Did I mention school starts???

I feel as though I have spent all summer just trying to catch up!  Caleb face-timed me the other morning (at 3AM) and one of the first things he said (after asking if I was still in bed....duh! lol) was, "You haven't blogged mom".  I feel like a student who didn't do their homework.  I am really far behind.  I usually use my blog to vent, but sadly so much has happened this summer and looking back now I find I can almost forget my reasons to yap....haha....almost.

So, this shall be a small "catch-up blog post" to hopefully get me back on track.

This past Wednesday Daniel had his tonsils and adenoids removed.  Sarah came to hold down the fort and Daniel and I drove to Jackson to get it done:)

 Waiting in the waiting room he looked really good (above) but he looked pretty good following the surgery too (below)!!!

Grannie Nancy and Pa Bill gave him a Sonic card so we were able to do this on the way home....You can see a lot of swelling but in spite of that he had that powerade slush drank by the time we got into Savannah:)

I am thankful Dan has drank and ate well even when he felt crummy.  Today has been his best day!

Below is Tasha and her friend Miranda.  The cheerleaders wore uniforms this week and went to businesses to get Cheer Sponsors....cute girls!

On Thursday Scott and I were the first two people at "our" poll to vote.  Scott's first words after seeing this picture was, "Boy I look like my dad!".....he does:)  That's an entirely good thing!!


I sure do like modern technology!  Caleb and Miss Presley are my favorite two face-timers....Chelsea called this week and I watched Presley smile at her mommy and talk talk talk....love the sweet face of this angel:)
I did have to send Chelsea a message last week.  Sitting at the dinner table I was talking about Presley being chubby (actually about her sweet rolls) when Seth said, "You need to stop saying that about Presley, it's not nice and you're going to hurt her feelings."

I smiled and said, "Seth there is nothing sweeter than a chubby baby. It means they're happy and healthy. It doesn't bother Mommy's and daddy's at all! I know Chelsea and Bo love Presley's rolls and love that she's chubby!"

He looked at me with raised eyes and totally seriousness when he said, "But nobody asked Presley how SHE felt about it!"  haha...got me there:)  I told Chelsea and told her she needed to ask Presley!

Did I mention that ALL my kids go to school this week?  Daniel should be good to go....and everyone else will be too. Nina will be coming to our house tomorrow after the summer with her family.  I seriously hope her English is not gone.

Hope to get back into a good schedule and be blogging my life away again:)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back on track lol :)

    School starting isn't for almost another month here - I am so ready to get back into a regular schedule again!

    ReplyDelete