I happened upon this paragraph....
In many traditional cultures, fathers and mothers would pray for a boy who would be able to help in the field. In these cultures, the value of daughter was not understood. A father has a special relationship with his daughter as she will judge all men by his standard. A mother's task is to show her daughter the complex task of growing into a woman. We no longer live in an agricultural society and woman are free to accomplish intellectually and occupationally what they couldn't in the past. A daughter may one day play the role of mother and wife. Raising a daughter is an infinite gift. (It came from here)
Scott and I began our parenting with a girl, then we were blessed with another girl.....I cannot imagine not having them first. As we have entered about all aspects of parenting they have lead the way well. Now in marriage and motherhood they too are blessed with girls.
| Sarah and Chelsea holding their nieces:) |
I probably shouldn't say this...but I will.... Last week I was telling a good friend my girls would be here and she was telling me how jealous she was that the "babies" would be here. If I had to be really truthful I would say that Lilly Kate and Presley are INCREDIBLE gifts from God, but they do not usurp my love for my incredible gifts from God...Chelsea and Sarah:) I cherish my time with my girls. I love them so dearly. I am so thankful for them and so proud of them. So proud of their choices in husbands. So proud of the marriages they have. So thankful for the Christian families they each have. I love being able to watch them be mommy's, but to me they are still my babies. Time flies so quickly.
![]() |
| Funny, Sarah in pink and Chelsea in green...just like above:) |
I could cry (of course good tears...but woe is me tears) when they leave. They actually love me...haha...I know, an amazing thing. They tell me they do. They help out, they understand life, they are a joy! In my older parenting it is so nice to have sounding boards...to be able to bounce thoughts off from and have faith in the replies.
| Presley Elizabeth Pugh, 7 weeks old |
| Lilly Kate Buckley, 4 months old |
Playing with these 6 awesome people was pretty wonderful. Even though it always leaves me sad to see them go!
Thinking of you all with love, until next time........

thank you so much for sharing such beautiful pictures! my favourite is the one of presley lying down and lilly kate sitting beside her <3
ReplyDeleteI know Robyn....my favorite too:) It looks so sweet and Lilly Kate so loving. If you saw it in "real-time" you'd realize Lilly Kate was just trying to get her dress to eat it:) lol!
DeleteI love the pic of the two together too. My first thought was that Lilly Kate looks so big next to Presley but how that will even out very soon and they'll grow up together only 2 mos. apart in age. Same grade in school too. I hope they are close like their Mamas :)
ReplyDelete