Friday, August 24, 2012

My blessing

 I have an incredible husband.  Truly.  He is a good man, a strong Christian man. He's my friend, my best friend.

 We were talking about "qualities you want in a husband" in our youth group girls class Wednesday night.  It made me think about how lucky I am. 

As a young girl I didn't think much about my future husband being a father.  I did in a whimsical way, but not in the get-real way.

How blessed I am, my children are, to have a father who is patient, loving, concerned,  purpose driven,  calm and steadfast and he can rock at MATH!  :)  He rocks at lots of things I run from....

These are captures of my wonderful husband loving his family....


Scott doesn't even have to be the know-it-all ....he can teach in a way the kids see...and they usualy think they figured it out all my themself.  He doesn't even mind...it's how he teaches!!  My dad was (and is still) so smart, but I hated asking for help because he did not speak "weak math" he spoke strong big worded math that sounded like Greek to me (and I did not know Greek).  Scott, likely because he's been doing it for so many years speaks to weak math kids, to good math kids and to really smart kids.  He's like that is ALL aspects of his life.  I cannot begin to say how much I love and appreciate the father, the leader, the teacher he is to our family!


Caleb sent me a message this week that said this:

"I'm getting so good at Excel spread sheets=/ I finally figured our how to create formulas and link them together so that my power points stream all of their information from my excel spread sheets so I never have to update my power point briefs, only the information on my excel sheets=)

I replied the only way I could, "very neat!!!"  I was I'm sure!  lol:)

He sent this back:

"Was that Martian? Dad should know what I'm talking about=)  He works with excel all the time."

I was standing by Scott and replied to Caleb, " Yep, I read your message to Dad and he smiled. He does use it all the time and is excellent at Martian!"

I don't have to know Martian (or Greek or any language) to appreciate skill.  I am impressed all the time by my children and their accomplishments....TONS of it things I will never be excellent at (or even proficient).  Its OK...really:)  But, how wonderful to have Scott who excels and is proficient in about everything our children are doing.....if he isn't better than them he can still hang with them and ask questions and give responses that aren't "That sounds great" or "Neat!" .

When I was looking for a husband I really had no idea what gifts I would need in the man I would call mine.  I am so thankful God did:)  And God has blessed us so greatly (especially ME!!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment