This week I had a conversations about workplace regulations. OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Organization) to be exact. In case you've been on another plant....OSHA is HUGE! They regulate safety....seemingly everywhere! If you work in a manufacturing plant and don't have on a hardhat there are serious repercussions. Serious enough you would never think about behaving unsafely again. Co-workers would help remind you. They wouldn't think about hurting your feelings or making you mad....it's safety! Safety first and the rest later. Not to mention. If I was in the wrong? I'd know it! I wouldn't be whining, if I wanted my job, I'd be following the rules. The organization, while often picky and hardcore on safety, is a good one. Most would even say a necessity! Employees very lives are improved and cared for under those guidelines.
I think we need an "OSHA" in the church. Why is it that we don't step in and tell people when they are behaving unsafely? We should.....but so often we don't. We need a SOSHA(Spiritual Ownership, Safety and Heaven-bound Awareness)!! Note I always have to throw in 'ownership' ...I love that word! We need something that people say "my life was saved because of SOSHA" or "I was headed to trouble and my SOSHA co-Christian showed me the danger" .....Why can't we behave when reprimanded like those employees who understand "I was in the wrong?". Christians are among the touchiest people in the world. They throw out the "let the one without sin throw the first stone" stuff. I'm sorry, but rock throwing is dangerous and we need to spend more time moving the rocks out of peoples way!! In the same way OSHA is a necessity, I think intervening with our brothers and sisters in Christ is so often a necessity too!
If we were really good you could google "SOSHA" and get a website like this:
www.sosha.heavenv/
SOSHA is the main earthly agency charged with the enforcement of ownership,safety
and heavenly legislation. SOSHA is focusing on four strategies: 1)
leadership; 2) strong, fair ...
|
How to File a Complaint with SOSHA.
... gives Christians and ...
|
[By Prayer]: You can contact SOSHA
via your personal Prayer line. To submit an ...
|
||
|
Welcome to SOSHA's Law and
Regulations page. This page has 10 commandments ...
|
SOSHA offers a wide selection of help
for the Christian and ...
|
||
|
Spiritual Topics pages are provided by the Bible, God’s
inspired word, to access….....
|
Recordkeeping Forms -
Training Presentations - Entry FAQ - ...
|
||
You know I'm being silly. But, I sure wish we would do the right thing all the time! I wish as brothers and sisters in Christ we could talk from our hearts about serious issues without care for being reprimanded or belittled. I have sisters who need help. Good grief....I need help. How sad that so often we do nothing for fear of hurting someones feelings! We need to be so much more concerned about their souls, their very lives and by all means their eternity!!!
| |||

Unfortunately, when we say something and the person is hurt or offended, they hear nothing else. This is unfortunate because we should be learning our whole lives as we go and we should appreciate what someone else has to offer who either has more experience than us or at least additional wisdom.
ReplyDeleteI guess I'm pretty guilty of not saying something to people who evidently need help too. I always try to put myself in their shoes in the sense that as a parent I am sick to death of less diligent parents telling me I need to let my kids have more freedom to fail (in our case it would be failing in HUGE ways, not just little consequences like getting a C in math). I keep thinking about how I do what I do because I HAVE to. I have kids who don't think correctly most of the time and the thought of long term consequences is non-existent. I keep thinking that I am not very good at getting advice from people who don't get it, I sure don't want to be giving it out either.