Friday, August 17, 2012
MIA
One of the greatest difficulties I have in my house is hands down the MIA items.....
I buy trimmers (hair trimmers) online because you can't find them in a store. Clippers are easy, but good trimmers are golden. Someone......"someone"......has taken my trimmers. If someone had actually used them I would know, we ALL would know...but no. They are gone. They are expensive, meaning they cost more than a few dollars. I cannot imagine.
Last week I discovered the trimmers missing when Michael wanted his hair cut. Someone had also taken my scissors. So Michael had to wait a day and I went to buy new scissors. I cut Michael's hair, trying to remember the brand of my trimmers so I can buy more!
Yesterday morning Jacob came into the kitchen with his new haircut. Over one ear was a little bit of long missed hair and I told him I would cut it....I went to my hair trimming basket (which is in my pantry on a shelf that is 6 feet high!)...guess what? Yep. Someone took my scissors.
Of all the silliness and goofiness and ridiculousness I deal with...this is by far my MOST FRUSTRATING.
Respect has always been a biggie for me...respect for my stuff is also big. I really don't have tons of "my" stuff. It is usually about "them" stuff.
Yesterday Victoria asked if I had a stapler. I said, "I sure do". She asked where it was? "I replied, "I have no idea. It should be in my office on my desk, but it's not." She thought a minute and asked if I had a whole puncher. Again I replied, "I sure do." Tori asked where it was and I again replied, "I have no idea. It should be in my office on my desk, but it's not." She looked at me and I shrugged and ended, "I buy lots of things for my use and your use but when people take them and do my bring them back we simply do not have them anymore." I have decided to stop re buying. If I "have to" I will, but much of life, the majority, is not have too's....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yikes! We go thru that same thing here all.the.time. We started stashing stuff in my bedroom closet at one point and it just became ridiculous - no room to store anything else and way too inconvenient - and things STILL came up missing. I have a very hard time with the thought of someone rifling through all my things. It's not about the stuff, it's about the lack of consideration for others. It's about boundaries - which most of my younger children (19 on down) seem to struggle with recognizing. It is more than frustrating.
ReplyDeleteA very expensive hair buzzer/trimmer kit came up missing here and I refused to replace it with the same kind. I bought a much cheaper set - and all that did was make cutting hair more difficult for me (not enough power to zip through thick hair). I buy lots of office supplies from the dollar store or on clearance at Target after school starts. That is only a short term solution though.
I can envision one day having all my kids moved out and "finding" 92 pairs of scissors, 154 rulers, 4000 pencils and pens in every heat vent, under carpets, etc. in this house because this stuff just doesn't simply disappear, or does it? :)