Wednesday, July 25, 2012

red white and blue

Swapping around rooms.  Ryan and Daniel (my dueling banjos) shared a room.  They currently do not.  But, in effort to get everyone squared away for the school year we have made some decisions regarding rooms.  Those mean a yucky move (well, yucky for mom and dad in the undertaking of movement).  Seth and Michael share a room and they will be moving to the biggest room in our addition.  They will continue to share, but I will have to forfeit my "red white and blue" room.  Kinda sad to me.  Sad because it's pretty.  It's pretty because no one lives there.  No one lives there because we are so blessed that I have rooms just for company.  If we have company now they can have any one of the other  four rooms I have with no one in them.  So, I have talked long and hard and I will remove my cute "i love it" patriotic "stuff" and get ready for boys!

Daniel will be moving into Seth and Michael's old room.  It is beside Ryan's and they will have to share a bathroom.  I think they can do it.....or I shall have to think of consequences (boy do I get tired of that sometimes!!).

We have gone though all the closets and have school clothes ready.  Lists are made with our needs.  We have bagged and given away our abundance to the church "Big Give Away" that will  be held this weekend.  So now, just getting ready to move rooms....

Michael is gone this week to a big fishing tournament in Alabama.  So it might happen without him.  It has to happen quickly as Daniel will have his tonsils and adenoids removed next Wednesday....hopefully getting that out of the way so he can start to school on time and not miss any!  These last two weeks are promising to be fast and furious!!


I can't think about my red white and blue room without thinking about Caleb:)  Goodness I miss him!!  He is doing so well in South Korea.  He's now been named Team Chief, I am as always super proud of him!!  And I miss him!  Did I mention missing him?  He was sweet enough to take a bunch of pictures for me so I can blog new ones:)  BTW....as I bemoan my teens....this guy and his brothers were equally dueling for years....thank God children do grow up....and in this case, pretty wonderfully:)


1 comment:

  1. Changing rooms is such work - but its nice when you're 100% done and everything looks nice and fresh again. Sorry about your red/white and blue room - btdt. My 12 yo dd has a very pretty lilac themed room that she wants to paint lime green (isn't going to happen though lol).

    I just bought the very first of our back to school stuff in the past week. We don't start for another month, but it will be here quick.

    ReplyDelete