Saturday, December 17, 2011

Squeaky Wheels?

Squeaky Wheels?  Last night as I sat at graduation I had several misbehaving children.  Some that were noticeably "ugly" and some that were quietly "ugly".  I had to move three next to me and sure enough their auditorium seats squeaked.  I almost laughed to myself about the squeaky wheel.....what a literal sound to my figurative musings.

Squeaky wheels are always with me.  I try turn my listening down to the squeak and up to the joy.  Have you ever noticed that squeaking has the power to overcome about any sound?  This morning I was in the kitchen (I have been there all morning until I ran down to blog this before the thought left me..lol).  I cooked for Scott, Carlton, Michael and Seth...sauteed onions, peppers (sweet and hot), and mushrooms for omelets.  Then an omelet for Bella (without the stuff!!). I cleaned up.  I baked two homemade strawberry cakes (today was my friend Dawn's birthday and its her favorite and one for Scott whose birthday it is not, but he too loves the cake).  I cleaned up and then am in the process of baking "nuts n bolts", Grandmother Smotherman's chex recipe.  I think we have about 8 gallons of the mix almost done!

I was side tracked...lol....while in the kitchen....Sam told Tori and Seth "I really don't obey the rules" when they were correcting him about what he should not do.  The statement was no surprise, it is actually true...but that old squeaky line of thought spoken to my youngest two children?  It makes me mad!  Truly.   I have Sam spreading the squeak. Seth is the number one affected.  This past week I have twice told him to stop talking and just be quiet (I said it strongly!!)...he was talking back with disrespect as Sam does daily. 

I  do not intend to spend my Christmas listening to squeaks!!  I am armed with my words (which I will imagine is WD40) and drown that squeaking out!!  Peace on Earth I might not make, but we will have Peace in my house!!

Today, I am creating peace......  I am traveling to pick up this guy.....


And I am only taking these guys......


I actually offered to take all my big guys but two had work and one has a wedding:)
I am so excited about driving 6 hours with nice conversation!! I love my guys!!
And having Caleb home for Christmas just makes Christmas more joyful!!

I am creating Peace by bringing in my favorite examples..... Pray it works:)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for peace for both our households. Merry Christmas, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too have a squeaky wheel and nearly a day does not go by where we silence the squeaky wheel, "NO MORE TALKING." The siblings, although very patient and loving, have about had enough too.

    I have to make an effort to make sure that the joy of the home is more noticeable than the squeakiness.

    Enjoy your time with Caleb, he seems like s sweet guy.

    Summer

    ReplyDelete