Thursday, December 1, 2011

Don't underestimate the Devil.

Most of us would say we don't underestimate the Devil, but I think so often I do.  I get high on faith, love and charity. Especially during this time of the year we see so much good being done. I love listening to KLove radio, but I can tell you if I only listened to KLove I would be in a beautiful utopia of "faith, love and charity". I would only be about good things and hear no evil. 

Last night at church we had some very serious prayer requests.  The request of Godly people, people who do not live in perfect world....they live here on earth, the place we reside until we get to HEAVEN (which is an actual destination and not just a "thought" like the word "utopia").  Life here is hard, nearly unbearable to some.  I know I pre-think my actions.  If I get sick, then I know how I wish to behave. If I am faced with a loss, I know how I wish to behave.  I have set in mind my actions.  What I did not set in mind, what I cannot imagine, is the true harshness of a battle. I cannot invision the fight I might face in the future. I know how I wish to be but until I am in the midst of those fights I cannot be sure of my actions.

What I can be sure of is my God.  I can be sure He will never forsake me. I can be positive that whatever I may face He will understand my struggles. 

Beyond that? I have to set in mind my actions, my wishes.....but following that? I have to prepare.  I cannot walk away and think I am "good to go".  No soldier draws out his plans and sits on the couch eating and watching TV until needed.  They prepare!  They are ready for the right. They buffet their bodies daily....JUST AS WE ARE CALLED TO DO! 

My thoughts today?  Don't let the Devil catch you on the couch:)  Don't let your life become idle and meaningless.  Spend each day in service to God (be it small or big).  Be prepared for the obstacles this life will throw at you!!  Be prepared!!!

ps...this was to me!!! I needed it today:)

1 comment:

  1. What a great word! Living in Africa has definitely opened my eyes more to the spiritual battle that rages around us. It urges me to always be on my guard; in he word, prayer, worship and fellowship!

    Blessings and joy,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete