My little sister Stacy would have been 42 today. How very hard to imagine her "old"!! It will be 16 years since she died this Christmas Day. Oh how time the has flown. In so many ways I feel like I am right here with her and my sweet momma.......
Both are now in Heaven. It is sometimes too sad for words to know that I am here and they are not. In so many of life's hardships I am so quick to quip "Such Is Life!". This is a harder to face reality. Years have passed yet it is all so fresh in my mind. It is still a true quip, life is not fair. I know this.
I am reminded of a quote by Emily Dickinson:
"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness."
The truth is simple....the love of one sister can not be filled by another, no matter how wonderful.
God blesses us so richly and I am so grateful for my memories and the knowledge that Stacy lived a beautiful life and is without doubt waiting for me in heaven. Oh the long talks and funny to stories we have to catch-up on!!
Happy Birthday Stacy!
No comments:
Post a Comment