Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Peacemakers


I sometimes wonder where one child gets patience and another panic, where one is kind and the other hateful. 

I have to give huge respect to genetics.  Some people have personalities that are unique and unusual, some simply have "average" personality traits that still shed great understanding on the "why" people behave as they do.

Above is Seth and Doug at the game this past weekend.  Seth's the baby, he's grown up with lots of big boys who have lots of difference personalities.  Beyond that Seth likes "do right" attitudes. 

Last night that was so evident as he the boys played gotcha (and I watched).  Seth says things like this....

It's okay Sam, you did a good job (when someone gets him out)
That's fair, That's fair.
Come on guys, lets just play!
Ryan's first, he called it.
Dan called second, just get in line.
Good shot! Good shot!
No dunking Sam, that's not fair I'm short. (when the problem was actually about Ryan and Dan)
Hurry up guys!
Get him Ryan!  (and the name changed as he encouraged all three guys)

A very vocal Jiminy Cricket keeping tempers at bay.  About 6 rounds is the limit for my hot heads.





Personality is such a deciding factor in success.

Our choices of temperament? HUGE.

The calm thinking brain?  A life saver.

It's nice to have a variety in life, but the peacemakersWe gotta have them!!!









1 comment:

  1. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God."

    Blessings and joy,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete