Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Driving


I drove to Jackson on Monday with Sarah.  It was snowing.  The above picture was taken from my car.  A rarity in Tennessee and most people have no idea how to drive in these conditions. 

As I drove, my hands positioned at 10 and 2 (just like I was taught in drivers ed a bazillion years ago), Sarah made this comment.......


"Today you are not supposed to drive at 10 and 2, You should drive with your hands at the bottom of the steering wheel in case the airbag deploys. Your shoulders can be dislocated if your hands are at 10 and 2."

My first response was, "If my hands are at 10 and 2 the airbag may not deploy because I have control of the car and I probably wont wreck."  But seriously, who can control a car in trouble from 7 and 5?  Well, likely someone will say "me" but that would not be this me!  My second response was, "I don't drive with the picture of airbag deployment in mind."  Every time I put my hands on the wheel the thought of that airbag flying out at high (ridiculously high) speed is not what comes to mind.  And IF I did have a wreck and IF it did deploy and IF my shoulders were dislocated and my life was saved?  I really wouldn't be thinking, ""Good grief, I should have had my hands at 7 and 5!"  I will be thinking how lucky I am to be alive!!!

So, when I don't post for months on end because my shoulders are dislocated you can ask me how I feel about the whole 10 and 2 thing:)  Until then? I think I will stick to the ancient belief that 10 and 2 is the place to be!!

****side note, this picture of 10 and 2 is not me...haha...and I do not drive on the "wrong" side of the road....this is purely for picture purposes  and for my children to visualize where their hands SHOULD be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment