He nearly made me cry. Sarah said, "Why would he ask you to do that?". I'm not sure really. Perhaps because he knows I love pictures? I did take a lot of him in high school playing sports with my guys. Or maybe because he just knew he could ask?
I was studying this morning for my Bible class tonight. It's on "light". I often search my blog for memories I forget (lol..I blog so I can "remember"). I found this blog about the same young man yesterday.....
Open House
Sometimes I think we must have a neon light in the front yard that says "OPEN HOUSE". I am so very very thankful that our additions are finished and I have room to spread out. Most thankful that once again I have my kids separated by sex and age. My big boys can have friends over and I know that the only people on their wing is them! No one is allowed in places they don't have bedrooms without my permission.
Last week someone knocked on the door at 9pm. Scott answered it to a young guy (high school) who said, "hey, can I stay over tonight?" He had been at football and walked to our house (about 2 miles from the school). He said "I got lost a couple of times, some of those roads are dark and scary!" Would scare me to death to have my child out like that! I asked if he had clothes? He laughed and told me he had all kinds of stuff in his locker at school!
A few nights ago another young guy called Scott (he has before and he always asks for Scott, a very respectful young guy!)and asked if he could come for the night. Scott said sure and then he said "Can you come and get me?" Scott did. Same guy walked into the driveway the next evening (his house is a couple of miles from ours) and said can I come in?
I have children who have had much loss in their lives. BUT they have a home, they have a family that loves them, they have security and so very much hope!
Scott says that some of these kids that come our way for a day or two or three at a time are "The real hero's", they are the ones who are making it(and pretty successfully) without help. The two guys I mentioned have the BEST attitudes! They are funny kids who just love hanging out (and eating) at my house.
I thank God for my blessings and my ability to share!
Last week someone knocked on the door at 9pm. Scott answered it to a young guy (high school) who said, "hey, can I stay over tonight?" He had been at football and walked to our house (about 2 miles from the school). He said "I got lost a couple of times, some of those roads are dark and scary!" Would scare me to death to have my child out like that! I asked if he had clothes? He laughed and told me he had all kinds of stuff in his locker at school!
A few nights ago another young guy called Scott (he has before and he always asks for Scott, a very respectful young guy!)and asked if he could come for the night. Scott said sure and then he said "Can you come and get me?" Scott did. Same guy walked into the driveway the next evening (his house is a couple of miles from ours) and said can I come in?
I have children who have had much loss in their lives. BUT they have a home, they have a family that loves them, they have security and so very much hope!
Scott says that some of these kids that come our way for a day or two or three at a time are "The real hero's", they are the ones who are making it(and pretty successfully) without help. The two guys I mentioned have the BEST attitudes! They are funny kids who just love hanging out (and eating) at my house.
I thank God for my blessings and my ability to share!
I so often get frustrated at the demands of this life. I really do. No surprise, I think it's an everybody thing. But, when I think about life I am reminded of the JOY saying....
J is for Jesus
O is for others.
Y is for you.....
Jesus first, others second and self last. When we actually put other people before ourselves? Others notice!
I think that young man just knew I would help if I could. I am so glad I could!
Perspective! What a word. What great meaning! How grateful I am that my past and my actions led someone to think I would care. I forget about that! I need to remember it more often, and I need to have more moments when I can help others too. I really need to spend a little more time doing it before someone asks!
I suppose I should, in this case, actually thank the big kid of mine who just showed me how to scan a few months ago....lol:) But I can't remember who did that?! Thank you child of mine who reads this and says, "That was me!". Love you!!
What a neat story.
ReplyDeleteI hope that I too will be known as a woman, a mother a wife that is willing to help, to be there!
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings and joy,
Summer