My children are ever so grateful we are not vegetarians today....this kind of Turkey is a treat, but not their favorite:)
This holiday is one of my favorites. I love my family and my family loves to be together and and our love for food just goes without saying!!
In all seriousness, I found this quote today and loved it:
He who thanks but with the lips
Thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.
~J.A. Shedd
Oh how grateful I am that I have a powerful and loving God who hears the thankfulness of my heart! He has blessed me beyond measure....I have a wonderful husband, perhaps two quivers full of children (how many is an actual quiver?) and a family by birth, choice and faith (a HUGE wonderful family given to me by the grace of God). I live in a community that is good (how many people can say that?), I have a country that provides a legacy of thankfulness passed down for hundreds of years! I am so very blessed and very very Thankful!!!
My family will all be here tomorrow and we will have our "Thanksgiving Feast" on Saturday.
For today? Today Scott grilled...
We had hamburgers, hot dogs, and build a potato (baked potatoes with lots of stuff...lol). We also had that lovely veggie turkey! And too many sodas.....
My kiddos played ball and had lots of fun outside. The day was simply beautiful!!!
It was a good day!!! One I am very thankful for....thankful with my heart and words!
No comments:
Post a Comment