Tuesday, January 15, 2013

silly kids!!

I have some pretty ridiculous kids.  Ridiculous in a funny way...like Tasha and her friend Jessica yesterday....

We were driving and I was talking to them about college. Jessica very much wants to go and if she goes she will be the first in her family. Her parents neither one graduated from high school so it is a BIG thing.  As they talked about money and how to's I finally said, "You two should just go into the Army. You can enter on the buddy system and be together. Get paid, work together and then have college fully paid for."  I wish I had the whole conversation recorded!!  Hilarious!!  They asked what kind of jobs they could do. I googled and said, "well, you could be cooks" Jessica immediately said, "No I can can't cook, I'm not even allowed to turn on the oven!"  They then asked about shooting guns. Tasha wanted to know if you had to have hunters safety to join because she didn't have it. I told her no.  They decided that wasn't very smart, every Army person should have hunters safety if they are using guns!  Then Jessica asked "Do you think they use bows? I am really good at shooting a bow and I can always hit that round thing that gets smaller and smaller!"  Tasha who was listening said, "Jessica! We are trying to be Soldiers not Indians!!"  lol:)   Good thing they have a couple years to think about it!

And in hilarious not funny but "seriously!?"  Ryan tried to tell me he could not shower after practice or games because it kept him up.  He would just shower in the mornings. I calmly explained that EVERY boy on the team had to take a shower after practice or games and I was very sure every mother felt just like me!  After listening to his mouthy "Well, if I'm up at midnight it's all your fault". I talked to my neat husband on the phone (he was traveling all week) and called Ryan down to talk to me.  My words were very short and to the point.....

"If you cannot learn to shower after every practice or game AND still get to bed on time you WILL NOT be playing basketball next year. It is totally your choice.  Learn or stay home so it is not an issue."

Can you believe that boy immediately learned how??  Kids are just amazing like that:)  That is funny....well, after the fact it is......

My children are enjoying their second day home from school due to inclement weather....first flooding and now ice.  It is nice.  I really do like stay at home days:)  Just wish I could remember all the funnies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment