Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Party for Stuart!

Life is often snarky.  Stuart joined the Army last summer. His words were something like, "I don't own a house, I don't have a girlfriend, and I want to travel so now is a good time." I couldn't argue with that!  And is almost always the case, when you least expect to find that person you really like? It happens.  And it did!  Stuart began dating sweet Danae. They went all through college together and graduated together....lol....and began talking in the fall nearly a year after graduation.  I think the only "joining the Army regret" he has might be Danae or rather time with Danae:)  I (haha and Stuart) hope she will be waiting!  She spent the weekend with us all and it was neat to have her here!!

Saturday night, the day before Stuart was to leave for the Army, we had a party.  Mostly family and mostly perfect:)  Scott and Jacob grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and we all ate lots of great food!!!




Stuart had fun:)  I love fun!!



Clara Ruth, Dad, Sandy, Paden and Lilly Kate

John and sweet Lyndsay

Ryan (who is going through the do not smile stage)

Stuart and Doug

Paden and Stuart....and Lilly Kate who only has eyes for Uncle Stuart

sweetness

family.  


Family.  That kind of says it all.  I love my family so much. We are not perfect.  We're actually not even close! lol:)  But when it is important we are there for one another.  I love that!  I love that family could come and be here for Stuart.  Life is going to be a grand adventure.  Not the Disney World kind but an adventure none the less.  I understand the next few weeks will have some serious valleys and some serious mountains for Stuart. But this neat son of mind can do whatever he chooses to do, he can be however he chooses to be and his attitude is 100% his:)  Knowing that?  He will never experience anything again like boot camp, but he will be just fine...  maybe a whole lot better than fine!!  SUPER SUPER PROUD OF STUART!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment