Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I wish you enough



This morning on facebook a college friend posted a story about "I wish you enough". I am not sure the story was true, but the point made was really good. Those words I would like to share here......


"When we said 'I wish you enough' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them".
"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye." 
I wish you enough.



In life isn't that so true?  We want our children, our loved ones to be happy but happiness is not always equal to abundance.  In love, yes.   But in other things I just want my children to have "enough" to be OK.  I do believe in this life we will have great blessings, but some of the greatest will come from just having "enough" to overcome. 

A neat thought I started my day with......


No comments:

Post a Comment