Sunday, January 13, 2013

Saying goodbye.....

I have decided goodbyes are never ever easy.  It doesn't matter what you're doing.  I have had kids go to camp, on mission trips (stateside and overseas), to college, on vacations, and to the Army....

As a mom I can say that separation always brings a bit of anxiety.  I don't think the "where they are going" influences that too much, it's the fact that they are not here.  Sunday we all drove to Jackson Tennessee to see Stuart off.

It rained all the way.  We all stood under the side walk, in the freezing cold, to say our goodbyes (with hugs and kisses).

I am not sure, actually I am sure, Stuart has no idea the people his actions influence.  His attitude and his behavior totally impacts those watching.....these people sure are watching!

Sweet Danae took this for us:)

oh how I love these people!!!  Scott, Stuart, John and Jacob:)

I love people who love and find the fun in each moment. John did that for us!  So silly:)

Stuart and Danae:)  Not sure words are needed.

My awesome, neat, wonderful, incredible, terrific  SOLDIER.
We have heard from him by text and phone until he arrived at Fort Benning in Georgia.  Anxious to hear more!  Praying for my Stuart!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for him, Caleb and you ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy's Joseph is at Fort Gordon now. His AIT classes are supposed to start Tuesday. Well they were supposed to start right after the first of the year, but they were postponed. He will go to Ft Benning after this for his jumping out of a plane training.

    ReplyDelete