Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Sweet and Sad
This is Saturday morning, the morning of our "Thanksgiving". Sarah and Chelsea both face timing Caleb in Korea at the same time with both their sweeties! The babies have no clue, but their mommas? This picture makes me cry. I am so thankful that Caleb is so good about "calling" me. We face time most days. I often tell people who begin lamenting about my missing Caleb (which I do of course!!), but I probably know more about what's going on him Caleb's life than most of my grown boys (even those who still live at home). I spend more time talking to Caleb than most. It is usually at 5am, which doesn't take away from my day, but just begins it well.
We laughed this morning as we talked that we could make a riddle out of our talking. Caleb is 15 hours ahead of me, so he is generally going to bed as I wake up and vice versa.
How do you begin and end the day with the same time with someone else at the same time?
Easy, have your son on the other side of the world:)
Caleb sent me this picture.....
This was taken yesterday. Soldiers are asked to all choose a place to serve in Korea....Caleb's teaching English at the local orphanage. He loves the older kids and even gets to eat dinner with them. I am not surprised he is so good at this....I am surprised he eats squid and cabbage:) I am super proud of my Soldier. I sure do miss him a whole lot!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your Caleb blows me away.
ReplyDeleteI can just hear those Korean kids now, learning to say "dawg" and "cayet" (cat) and lots of simple words with Caleb's strong southern accent! I'm also from the south, North Carolina, so I get to poke fun :)