Sometimes I am really crazy...it's a fact (although perhaps well hidden...lol....perhaps not!). Yesterday I got up, got all my kids off to school and drove to Florence to take my camera, my now broken camera, to Best Buy. I arrived too early so I spent some time looking for shirts that might fit Tori (a tough one to size right now). I did find a few and when I drove back to Best Buy to go in? I reached over to pick up my camera......I DID NOT HAVE IT!! Crazy! Yep, I drove one hour to arrive and wait and arrive again only to not have my camera!
In the middle of my waiting for Best Buy to open Scott had to go get Tori from school and take her home, she wasn't feeling well. John was at the house with her. I drove back to Savannah and picked up Tori (who wasn't really all that sick) and we drove back to Florence to take my camera! <sigh> Now my camera is off to get fixed. I am thankful, even in the middle of my craziness, that it is done.
I love pictures. I love taking them. It's always been the case and I inherited that love from the woman above...my mom. Camera in hand and a love for cataloging our lives....neat things ( I think ,well I hope) that she passed to me. I often wonder how she would have liked my blog? I know, she like me, would have loved the pictures and she I am pretty sure as the mom of nine she would have had lots of in site and humor to offer. I miss that.
I'm thankful, especially as I find silly pictures like the one below, that I too snap a lot. This picture was taken of Caleb and Jacob. Caleb being the one with his hamster Zipadee on his head. Love looking back and love the sweet memories.
And this one below....my second graders. A cute bunch. All in eight grade now, except Sam who through resource has been made age appropriate and is in high school (10th).
I did buy me a point and shoot camera. I needed a back up for my big one and now I have one. It takes fine pictures, certainly better than my phone:)
One like this....
Nina and Scott, she rarely smiles! A good capture of her:)
And Ryan who RARELY smiles too....but sisters got him ticked. His immediate words were,"Delete that picture mom!" So I took another one and kept this one...I happen to like it a lot:)
"I tried to keep both arts alive, but the camera won. I found that while the camera does not express the soul, perhaps a photograph can!"
I'm not sure even a photograph can capture the soul, but a well caught moment? That can capture the work, the life, the moment a person lives and that is a true joy! One of my favorite examples....
Joy, Happiness, Humor, Achievement, "the" moment? So worth catching!!




I love your pictures.
ReplyDeleteI very, very much enjoy the pics you post here.
ReplyDeleteI've done the same thing you did forgetting your camera. I braved very icy roads to do a huge grocery shopping trip and after white knuckle driving to the next big town I reached down and realized I had forgotten my purse! You gotta laugh....:)
I've loved seeing your pictures too! But,I've been playing blog catch up and am wondering who Nina is. = D
ReplyDeleteDebbie