Monday, January 16, 2012

Silly kids!

I have lots of silly comments.....some sillier than others and many down-right concerning! Here are a few:

I laughed Sunday over lunch when Tasha and Daniel said they were really disappointed when they went to Luke Gaurd's class "Why Tarriest?"

Why? Because they thought it was on
terrorism.


Perhaps they should have read the have read the "translated" part, but in their thinking error defense, if you thought it was on terrorism the translation "What are you waiting for?" might not have shed any light...lol:)



Mercedez also told me on the way to the store the other night....

Did you know there isn't a February 30th?  I looked over and said, "There has never been a 30th Mercedez."  She said, "It only goes to 29."  Again I looked over and said, "Mercedez only this year, usually there's only 28 days but this is a leap year so there's 29."   I thought a few minutes and said, "Are you really serious Mercedez? Exactly when did you figure that out?"  She smiled and replied, "In the youth meeting the other night we were going over the calenders and I saw it."  I really wonder about her sometimes!!  But now she knows there is no 30 in February:)


I also have had problems lately with one of the girls that lives sometimes (mostly weekends) at my house.  Jessica has an ipod that can text. I do not allow any wireless anythings in bedrooms. My children do not and will not have phones or ipods or ipads that give them access to wireless chatting until they are grown and not in my house. We have had serious talks with Jessica about it and she has lapsed into loss of control(meaning she cannot say no to my girls), so today we had another long talk.  The ipod parks with me and she may come check it/use it any time but it cannot enter the girls hallway.  None of that is funny to me, but it lends itself to Jacob and his buddy Tyler..... someone was texting them a few weeks ago from a number they did not know.  They came home telling me they figured out who is was....it was Jessica's ipod.  Tonight, the humorous part is.....

Tyler got a text from the number mentioned above and it said, "Who is this?!"  To which Tyler replied. "Ask 412-8308" 

My grown children will find that very funny....my younger ones not so much....412-8308 happens to be MY number.  No more texting came from that number!

Carlton was home for the weekend. He went to EU with the kids and did pretty well.  He is pretty funny but not intentionally.....

Carlton told me, "I made a 38 on my ASVAB, but I'm thinking I'll just bump it up to a 70 next time." He truly has no idea how ridiculous that sounds.

Carlton told Jacob and John, "I'm going to the Army and then to college to get a degree in Criminal and Justice."  Which goes right along with her words to Caleb about guarding the President and being a "Secret Servant".  I do worry, the boy is obviously NOT listening very well!!


CORRECTION:  As I was having dinner with Scott, Sarah and Paden they told me I had misquoted Carlton (as above).  So I thought I had better correct it! 

Carlton is getting a degree in Criminal Injustice   :)

I stand, or rather sit, corrected!

1 comment:

  1. Great News about being a Grandma!!! It is the best thing ever!!!
    Also really glad someone else has a no texting rule. We too are very careful about the internet with our kids.

    ReplyDelete