In high school I too lived. What do they think?
I was a cheerleader....
I was on the Math and Science Bowl team (now that is a surprise!)...
I was Editor in Chief of the year book (now, that's a bit geeky...but loved it!)
I spent my summers a a lifeguard....
And I was even Steamboat Festival Queen....
I traveled to UK and attended for 4-H (and obviously went to a banquet)
After high school I headed to college......
In college I was the charter secretary of Phi Alpha Delta. I had great visions of a career in law. I was in Kappa Chi sorority with a bunch of wonderful girls! I enjoyed life.
I stood with hundreds of college kids in this commons area and attended chapel every day in the building pictured.......
I live in Elam dorm and shared a room with my best friend Carol. Our window overlooked the commons area so we could look out watch the world (our world was pretty small but pretty good!)
In the summer months I work in a paper mill. I drove this....
And loaded trucks....
And I loaded paper into boxcars....like this picture above....

I also drove a bobcat and cleaned U-drains and such.....like the one above.
After I married I worked for .....
That 25 years thingy? I was there when it began. I worked on Church Street in downtown Nashville.
I traveled and was well-rounded.
So......even though you really have a hard time believing it? When you try to tell me how to use a forklift to load a truck? I do know. Sam tried to tell me I was wrong yesterday. I didn't even correct him....he being so good at driving forklifts and all (he's never even sat on one!).
And yesterday when my dad asked to me ride over to the third field? On a four wheeler? Yes Mercedez I can drive it and I do not need you to drive me. I did appreciate the "you drive good" comment, would have even more if the shock was not still plastered to your face:)
Contrary to popular belief, the popular belief of my children, I have not stood in a kitchen all my life. There is a big old world out there and I have seen my share of it:) I intend to see a whole bunch more of it in my future. But, this time in my life IS about raising children, I will spend large protions of my day cooking, driving, supporting my family in thier activities. I actually remember what it was like to be a teenager and young adult.
I suppose I must leave my blogging and go....my children are starving and lunch is "NEVER gonna get here".
Bisous!! (kids that means "kisses")












Perfect post-we really did live before children...but if you were like me all I could think about was growing up and having babies! God bless your sweet heart for the life and example you are living! Your family is lucky to have a valient mommy!
ReplyDeleteI love this!!
ReplyDelete