Friday, October 7, 2011

Mulching

Today we spent the morning working at the farm.  We helped my dad and Clara Ruth lay mulch.  I should have taken the picture of the mountain of mulch before we began, but I was working too.


Lots of buckets were carried.....


Lots of shrubs have beautiful black mulch surrounding them....and all my children have lots of black dirt under their fingernails....



My dad took most of the kids over to his third field to see the clover, peas, and oats planted for the deer and turkey.



I caught this picture of Michael .....love it!


And I caught this one of Dad and Clara Ruth's baby who is aptly named "Kitty Cat".  Kitty Cat spend a large portion of her time when we visit hiding.  I can't say I blame her:)

Hard work and lots of sunshine made for a really nice morning and a much quieter afternoon for my tired kiddos!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment