Friday, October 7, 2011

Sharing the Joy!



We received a message from Zack's foster mom that he was getting baptized on Wednesday night (last night) and that Zack would love us (someone) to come.  What a great message to receive!!

At first I really struggled with the "how", as in "how will I make it happen?!"  I called all my big kiddos.  I talked to Scott who was in Hattiesburg Mississippi, I tried to find someone to teach my ladies class.....but the short notice had us scrambling.  We are not very spontaneous.  We have a hard time arriving with intentional sometimes:) 

So I cancelled my class.  I put a note on the door.   Who can be sad about that?  My big kids were all plugged into plans and I am so glad Sarah changed hers to come home and keep my house rolling.  Daniel had a bowling tournament, Ryan had football practice, the youth group was meeting at 5 for a service project and dinner at church at 6.   I took the 4 oldest (and currently toughest to leave with Sarah kiddos) with me and we drive to Jackson.  Scott drove up, meeting us and we all arrived on time.


Zack's foster family


Our family who were able to enjoy the day together.



Together.  I don't think as a young mom I ever imagined sharing my children.  I never imagined be in a position where one had to leave.  I certainly never imagined another family becoming part of mine through the parenting of one of my kids.  I do know that if God were not the center of our lives (ours and Zack's foster families) we would not have the common goals in mind.  We would not share the love of our God and the love of Christian sisters and brothers in Christ.  And I know this day, this baptism certainly would not have occurred.

It was a beautiful day and we are so thankful!!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful, thanks for sharing.

    The body of Christ at work!

    Blessings and joy,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete