Monday, October 17, 2011

Finishing a post....

Nina, Lita, Tori, Bronte and Seth:) This picture has nothing to do with anything, but it is rare to catch Miss Nina smiling for a picture but a almost always occurance when she is playing!
I have eight partial posts that I began and now are sitting in my "edit post" box.   Some ranting, some reflective, some a little silly, some some pretty serious....About like my life right now, about like my life always. 

We had a wonderful weekend. This weekend my son-in-law Bo had a birthday!


Bo has been such a blessing to our family!  He is simply a wonderful incredible man of God.  He and Chelsea are involved is a work they love and enjoy serving in such a way they make it contagious!  I know that is true because his kids at church all planned for his birthday yesterday. They had Chelsea as a co-conspirator (her job was to make him late).  They had blown up balloons that covered the floor and all had birthday hats (and one for Bo too) and a card.  Bo cares about his kids and they know it!   I am super proud of the life Bo lives:)    He and Chelsea are headed to Savannah GA today with Bo's parents to celebrate for a few  days.  Then they will head our way.  Happy Day,Week, Month, Year,  and Happy Always to Bo!!!! 

We had 4 kids take Hunter Safety and pass.  The course was Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Ryan, Daniel, Tori and Sam all did great!!!

Seth went on Thursday night and came home saying, "That was the most longest boring night of my life!"  Hunting was not high on his list of things to do.

Scott was traveling and I was so thankful Jacob went to that "longest boring night".  I love having big brothers who make such a great difference!!!


Thank you so so so much Jacob!!  I know it was not how you wished to spend your day after a long day at work!! 


Rosie was in rare form.... really rare....as in we rarely have those kind of moments around here....

Such strong attributes, wrapped right up with such weak attributes.  Tough tough choices.  On a positive note (literally) Rosie was very happy to get her Chorus sweatshirt!  You can tell she was happy or she would not have stood for this picture!

We were really happy to get to go to Lexington last night and worship with Sarah and Paden's sweet church family.  They had a shower for them following with finger foods and lots of wonderful gifts.


And cake....yummy wonderful cake:)

Now Monday has arrived.  I have just a few days to get done the things I need to get done.  I pick up this wonderful son on Wednesday at the airport in Nashville.....

YEAH!!  So very glad Caleb will be able to be with us for Sarah's wedding. He was in Afghanistan for Chelsea's so this one he needed to make!! 

As I should be up and doing really productive things, I have been trying to actually finish one whole post.  I happened upon these two pictures while searching for the right pictures.....


This is why I blog.....time passes so very quickly!!  One day my kids are little and the next they will all be grown!  If I don't stop and take a few minutes to reflect on the passing of time?  Well, I seem to forget just how lucky I am to be along on this beautiful ride!!

Happy Week All:)

No comments:

Post a Comment