Thursday, June 30, 2011
click or clique?
Who knew there was a difference? Well, in our world there is a very BIG difference!
I want my kids to find people who they "click" with. It's important to find a place to fit in. I think the church should be this for us. It should be a place where we all come together and "click". A click cares about you. A click will correct you. A click allows for individuality. This click in like a living room couch, everyone can sit and visit there, but not all are expected to "be" one way or another. We have a goofy old couch that all our visitors would say " I love this couch!", it was slept on, sat on, jumped on and spilled and eaten on! It was no respecter of "who you are" only "have a seat". While I find "clickiness" upsetting...but it is not THIS clicking I have a problem with!
CLIQUE? It's the problem. These people are not joined by common interest or concern, these are about popularity and power. YIKES! This is the one that people talk negatively about...no matter who you are!
"Clicks" foster healthy self esteem while a Clique fosters compliance. One is healthy and the other not.
I do not like Cliques! I know God does not like them because the Bible says " Do to others as you would have them do to you" Luke 6:31 That way of thinking is about clicking with others....that one I love! It's a GOOD way to think!!
If you want to read what a serious professional says about this? Try here...very informative!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I, too, dislike cliques. I am grateful they do not seem to have much influence in the girls' current school.
ReplyDeleteI have missed you friend. Welcome back.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to reading more of your wisdom--which is actually Gods wisdom imparted to you!
Blessings on your busy summer,
S