Friday, July 1, 2011

TOO much?

Sometimes life is TOO much!  The last few days and the days to come?  TOO much. 

Scott's mom is still not well!

I drove to Sam's summer placement to have a family session.  When I was 2 miles from the turn off the worker called to say Sam was not there and I didn't need to come if I had rather come some other day:(  I went on and did have a productive meeting.  We have to go Sunday to Sam's visiting Sunday. Sam has a list of "wants" as usual.

I drove this morning to Millington to pick up Carlton.  A 6 hour trip with Seth, Nina and Tori along.

We have a child in crisis and before I was even home I knew someone (aka..me or Scott) would have to turn around and make that same 6 hours round trip today.  Scott did.

3 children came home last night from the Sr High Missions Trip.

I have 6 children going to camp Sunday.

I have 2 children going to Horizons Sunday.

I have to have Carlton back in Millington on Monday.

I have Ryan home this week....couldn't go to camp due to All-Stars practices.

Chelsea is coming to hang out for the week (not TOO much!!)

Sarah leaves on vacation to Florida.

Doug is in Florida and due back ....sometime?

Scott needs to go on the road.

I need to go see Scott's mom!!

We have had three different people in our community die in the last few days....all of who it was my joy to cook for!  With those moves on to eternity it seems to make me a bit tired...tired of this world and ready for the next.  So I stopped and found pictures.....pictures of those I cannot wait to be with in Heaven.  I think of the lives they lived and the life I want to live too.  I want to be strong and faithful and serving...just like them!!

My top  favorites?

My mom, my sister Stacy and me.  Mom and Stacy are both in Heaven waiting for me.

My mom and my Granny...in the kitchen and laughing....just as I remember:)

When I stop remembering all those I love?  Have I yet mentioned any of the regular stuff??  Food, Laundry, Cleaning, Pool, etc....



My heart is so heavy over my crisis one....

As I talked to a mom today she made the comment, "The apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree".  <sigh>
In my "youth" I would have argued...a long time.  In my wisdom I have learned that genetics plays a profound part of ALL OF OUR lives.   I "used" to think that love and structure would fix everything.  It doesn't.  Don't get me wrong, it makes a BIG difference, perhaps the most important difference but it does not bring about change in "who we are".  

God created each and everyone of us IN HIS IMAGE.  He is part of every person you meet!  I truly believe that one of my greatest blessings IS my struggle on this earth.  With each struggle I learn.  I am made humble.  I find that there is absolutely no way I can make it on my own!  That is biblical and it's not just words.... I need God!

I think I am beginning to "see" why we thank God for our struggles...they make us stronger!

For the moment, today?  I have reached my TOO much on my own limit!!  Way to often I try to keep my "household clean" FOR God....I so often forget He is there for me 24/7, and I am not bothering Him!!!  I need to stop more often and soak my roots in Him so I keep him ever so close.  When I do?  I seem to be able to make it through the "TOO much" moments a little more quickly!!

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Good words.

    I totally agree that genetics plays a part in personality, strongholds, etc. However, I also know without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord is ABLE to transform a life, for His glory.

    My life being the number one example.

    Blessings as you soak Him up,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't disagree with you but am curious your opinion on where God is in the "negative" people, the truly evil people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through the same change in understanding that you did... genetics plays a much larger role in a child's life then I ever thought.

    I am praying for you and for your one in crisis. I have one in crisis at the moment, too. Sending you hugs and wishing I was close enough for them to be real.

    ReplyDelete