I was filling out paperwork yesterday at the group home while the house mom was talking to the kids. I had already told her they (Michael, Daniel, Tasha and Lita) were all (lol...all four of them) my children. I was amazed, in the "seriously you're doing that?" kind of way when the mom asked Tasha "Where are you from?" Tasha looked at her a long minute and said, "Savannah". Then the mom turned to Lita, "Where are you from?" Lita looked to Tasha, then to me (who had looked up from writing simply incredulous), and turned back to the woman and said "Savannah". Then, in a moment that makes me laugh out loud as I remember it Michael piped up "We're ALL from Savannah".
I think he thought she was a little slow on the up take. It makes me a little sad to know that Tasha and Lita both understood the woman's question. They knew she was digging. I really don't like that. Funnier still to me?? If ANY of my 4 could have been from "somewhere" it would be my sweet Michael who was born in Lithuania. And that freckle faced cutie is never asked the "where are you from" question!
After Michael's response she stopped. It's moments like that when I realize my children are healthy. They take up for one another and they stick together and these three are paying attention!
No comments:
Post a Comment