Zackery, who lives about an hour from us, now has a cell phone. He also texts. Scott and I talk to him about once a week. He is still very much "Zack". He calls for "stuff" usually. Last night he wanted a 300 dollar game system for his birthday (in September) and was calling Scott to get it. Scott explained we don't give that much for birthdays (something Zack knows). The "rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would have said is that Jamie and Victoria told him they would not buy it because it had Internet capabilities and they would not allow it. So he had called us. Not sure why. We don't allow that either, but he sure thinks he can talk us into it! He didn't.
On my way home from Murfreesboro he sent a text...
Zack: Hi mom how do u do- Triple Z's
me: Doing well. How are you Zack?
Zack: Good want have u been doing
me: Seth has been playing baseball in the state tournament. I just got back from Georgia with Chelsea. And today I am in Murfeesboro visiting Grannie and Pa.
Zack: How r they doig & when is seth playing here in jackson
(I was a bit slow on the repeat so that last one came three more times!)
me: Seth finished playing, they lost on Saturday. Grannie and Pa are doing well.
Zack: Tell Seth good job on the games and tell grannie and pa I miss them & my birthday is coming up.
(again....three more times)
me : Ok:)
Zack: Can you see if you can get them to come up here on my birthday when you come and can you bring my bros and sis too ?
me: Grannie is having knee replacement surgery and will not be traveling for a while, but I will tell her. Maybe we can all get together again like we did last year for your birthday?
Zack: Ok .... Instead of Dairy Queen we can go to long horn steak house.
Me: haha. I doubt we can all do that. Maybe you can do that with Jamie and Victoria and meet us at DQ for dessert?
Zack: ok good
I am always amazed at the way he so happily brings it all back to him. He tries, that's for sure! We are so thankful for his adoptive family!! I very much appreciate for the love and dedication they have raising Zack. Every time I have such a conversation with Zack I am double triple quadruply thankful!!!
Such a hard blessing {{{Hugs}}}
ReplyDeleteahhhh - though it may be bittersweet, it is still sweet that you don't have to be the one who endures the fallout from the word "no".
ReplyDelete"Egocentric" is the word that best describes some of our kids. All teens can be like this now and then - but some are like that pretty much all the time and forever. It's sad really, because they never understand that they are a part of a whole instead of the center of the universe.