Dueling Banjos, that's what these guys are.....
These two are the same age, actually one day separates their ages. Their attitudes, so different but the yappiness.....EXACTLY alike!!
They are like to banjos fighting for the lead. Their "music" can get loud and un-enjoyable as they duel for the lead parts.
Yesterday these two ended up with summer reading books and an early bedtime ( 8pm on a summer night!!!! gasp!!). That sounds a tad bit like heaven to me but I can assure you it was the opposite to these two guys.
I talked to them each, and for each the point was emphasized that strength was good, but NEVER better than smarts. The smart choice was the winner, every single time. These guys each think they are the superior fighting machines, each thinking they can bend the other to their will by mouth and hands....a little brain power would certainly be appropriate.
Boys are boys and these seemingly to the second power .....I may not be able to change that, but I can assure there will be lots of early bedtimes and reading!!! Until I have to think of another "cruel and unusual" punishment........
Praying for harmony!!!
I JUST said to my dh last night that we are going to have to institute 8pm bedtime again for the rest of the summer unless we are all still outside. My youngest 3 just bicker all.day.long with lots and lots of intervention from me. By 8pm I am fried and they are ready to watch tv. I cannot even make it to 9 or 9:30 with them in front of the tv without losing it (too often out loud, mostly just in my head) because they're constantly commenting on the show and then disagreeing with what someone said, or getting bored watching tv halfway thru the show and hanging all over us, asking for things. It is just exhausting and I know something has to change in order to save my sanity. I think they need to take a book to bed at 8pm and read until 9 or so. I hadn't thought of it as a punishment - I'm sure they will though :)
ReplyDeleteI am all into "cruel and unusual punishment." Or as I like to call it, creative discipline :-)
ReplyDelete