Friday, July 8, 2011

What a week!!

This week came and went and so much has happened!



All six of my youngest had a great time at Maywood Christian Camp!  Seth, Tori, Daniel, Lita, Bella and Michael all so enjoyed themselves. They came home with awards and ribbons and crafts and stories...lots and lots of stories:)

Tasha and Mercedez spent the week at Horizons and loved loved loved it!  I wish I could tell all the stories they shared.  Mercedez' end when a lot like this......

Mercedez...."And there was this girl whose dad lived in Hawaii and her mom lived on another island. Um...I think it was....oh yeah California!"

me ...."Mercedez, California is not an island!"

Mercedez..."Well, it does have beaches:)"

Blond Blond Blond...and it doesn't take long to figure it out:)

I spent the week with my Chelsea in Nashville at Vanderbilt.  Scott's mom is finally improving!!  We are so very thankful to God!  She is off the vent and while she has a long way to go she is moving in the right direction!!  I arrived home last night and Scott left today to head back to Nashville.  I am so thankful it has worked out that we could take turns and be there to help!!

This is not a great picture. It was taken in a semi dark hospital room with my cell phone. But I had to share Chelsea's shirt. I woke on my birthday and this is what Chelsea was wearing:)  Love this sweet daughter!  I am thankful I got to spend my day with her!!


I turned 45 this week.  A nice thing:)  I am ever ever so thankful for each and every day, month and year I am blessed to be with my family and to serve my God!

Speaking of Love and Serving?  I still haven't figured out how to reply to my comments!  So I am answering here....one of my readers asked my thought on ".... "negative" people, the truly evil people in the world."  I truly believe there are those people on earth.  I talked to Scott for a while this week when traveling and I said, truthfully...there are no individuals that I can say I "hate".  I do hate evil, I hate the devil and I hate the sadness of this world.  I can love those people who behave against God's will, seeing the behavior and thinking errors they have, but still loving their souls. It is the soul that is in God's likeness, but that does not mean I will ever  "friends" with those living a sinful life. I can pray for them because evil is truly ugly and I have a hard time imaging them happy.  I totally believe that the Gospel can change hearts.  It can change people.   So I pray for that change.  I also believe that there are people who know the truth and do not obey. For whatever reason (and I am sure there are many) they do not change their lives.  I think in those cases you pray for what my Chelsea calls an "Ah Ha moment", you pray that there is an event, a conversation or a thought that brings them back to the truth.   So, for me, for all of us, we simply do as the Bible says and we pray for those who are lost.  

Live is such a gift. Each moment is a gift.  I think, I know, for me personally....I choose to not spent my time wrapped in drama, wrapped in turmoil, wrapped in the burden of loss.....it is much better to wrap ourselves in Jesus, in His word, in His love, in His promised and pray!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see the kids had such a good time :) Happy 45th birthday! I was 45 when we started all over again with GB as an infant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual....

    Love this post, love your response, love your heart {Gods heart in you}.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    S

    ReplyDelete