Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Crazy or Not

My sweet friend Judy posted this quote from her mother-in-law, Farris: 

 "When you think you are going crazy and everyone else is sane, you aren't. BUT when you think you are the only one sane and everyone else is crazy, you are." --

Oh how I love that!!  I think I need to  stamp that on my teenagers mirrors:)  Mine too!!

Scott has been traveling all week and won't be home until Thursday.  I feel like a bazillion things have happened.  I sure do love technology when I can call Scott with an offender in from of me and talk it out......technology is a gift on those days!

I had a son hit a sister .....not sure about your house, but at my house BOYS DO NOT HIT GIRLS!  Not ever.  We don't fight at all, but if the mood hits you, you better not be hitting a girl.  Said son lost computer for a month (pending good behavior).

Same son went to school the very next day and pushed a boy.  <sigh>  He did not tell me yesterday when I was home, but waited until late last night to tell John.  I woke that wayward son up at 5:15 this morning and we talked about it. He had to write a letter and I had to sign it.  His consequence?  Well, when he was hitting his sister I told him if he could not control his aggression he would not be playing any sports that encouraged physical aggression.  So he has lost the privilege of riding his bike to the gym or even going to the gym, as well as working out with the high school football team at the high school weight room (which my 8th graders do on Wednesdays).  I simply told him I was not going to encourage him to get big muscles just so he could hit someone!  So, for the next month that is all gone, again, reinstated pending good behavior.

Another brother lost a week of computer for threatening to hit a sister.  He said it was a joke but I didn't find it funny.  He doesn't either now.  

I must preface this with the fact that girls who provoke boys get equal punishments.  

I went to visit my sister Sandy and her family this weekend, and we ate dinner with Sarah and her family. We took my van (which is not nearly as roomy as the 15 passenger van now days). Three girls had to sit in the back seat beside one another.  Victoria was in the middle.  As the baby of my family she is funny and sweet and whiny.  She said, "Stop, Don't push, move over........"  THIRTY TWO times before we even got out of Henderson!  That quote way up at the top of this page? She totally thinks she is the only one right and that the rest of the world is just wrong.   We got home early and Tori went to be early.  Enough is enough!

There are days when I think I am the only one in my house who is sane (not counting Scott...lol)......then I realize I AM crazy.....I probably iinherited it from my teenagers!!

1 comment:

  1. Unless the world around you really is going crazy and you are just sitting there - dumbfounded as the illogical thinking and crazy talk swirls around you.....then it's time to put everyone to bed and do something for yourself. Maybe a coke and reruns of your favorite old time sitcoms? Lol.....I really don't think I will miss the crazy when a few of my illogical thinkers move out.

    The hitting makes me angry. It is NEVER tolerated in this house, and yet they never stop to think about the consequences of their poor choices and do it anyway. I just don't get it. The instigators are not tolerated here either....

    ReplyDelete