I sometimes think my "day", my "working" times are so different from "normal" people....although it could totally be a thinking error on my part!!!
This morning my day began a little before 5am..... It went something like this.....
I unlocked the computer for Tasha to complete her Poetry Notebook (the one she has learned a very incredible lesson on procrastination from!). I typed as she dictated three Kipling and Longfellow poems, I am a tad bit quicker typing.
I unloaded, loaded and started the dishwasher.
Texted with Jacob as he got ready for work and Sarah as her shift was nearing end.
Folded the clothes from the dryer, threw the clothes in the washing machine into the dryer and put in a new load of Tori's clothes for the trip.
Woke Seth, fixed him an omelet and quizzed him on his Science for his test for today.
Fixed Daniels vinegar and warm water soak for his ingrown toenail (that's being fixed...yuck...on Thursday)
Woke the rest of the kids.
Asked Ryan to sweep the living room (which took about ten minutes of "talking" to get done)
Got nine sleeping bags ready and had Seth and Michael load them in the van for our trip.
Got some misc things packed (the things I would surely forget at the last minute!)
Cleaned the cabinets and tables in the kitchen (which were messed up before I left for school)
Signed school papers, passed out earned snack money.
Cleaned my van.
Got out the play toys for babysitting today.....the walker, exersaucer, the jumpy seat and play mat....had Tori and Nina put mat together.
Got dressed...brushed my teeth.....started my van.....
ALL before 7AM.....some mornings it seems as though I need a nap before the day begins! Today was one of those:)
Sounds a little like my mornings around here. I remember the days of "only" 4 kids when I could clean my entire house in under 2 hrs - and I mean REALLY clean. I never left a mess EVER in my house when I left to go somewhere because I knew I wouldn't enjoy coming home to it. Now, I clean all day long it seems and there is always something else waiting for my attention. I start laundry at night when showers are done and still end up with a few more loads throughout the day - some days the washer and dryer never seem to quit. I have piles of books begging me to read them that I never get to during the school year (I usually get to them in the summer when I'm watching kids at the pool).
ReplyDeleteI can completely relate! You are one busy mama!