Our church had a small group lunch and meeting at my house and we were talking about God and Family. I love both of those topics. But one lady said she did not love her church family or anyone like she loved her "BLOOD" relations. I understood HER thoughts...but she kept on and on.....even when the topic was tried to be led away she continued. I sat there with 11 adopted children listening to her. Although in truth John might have been the only one who understood! John and I have talked about it and the best I can say is that she just does not get it. Truly. I sat across from another adoptive mother, who listened too, both of her children adopted and she is raising two grandchildren (one of whom heard the whole this too....if she was listening). You know, this was one week I hoped my kids were in lala-land and not paying bit of attention!
Beyond her words ......as wife I take offense. I love my husband, next to God, more than anyone. I love and care for him. I have made my life with him and we share no "blood". My children? They are my heart and no blood is required for me to give it to them....NONE.
Long ago I realized there are people in this world who do not understand. And that can apply is SO many different ways. That said, it still offends me to the soul to have anyone place doubt in my children's hearts about my love for them.
The ONLY blood with any power over me and my life....me and my choices....me and my loves....is simply the power in the blood of Jesus Christ!! HE gave it all for me....and I surely intend to love as unconditionally and as greatly as possible as I walk this earth. I know family is whom I love and I know I have a family in Christ whom I love too. HE has the power and I think I like it HIS way a whole lot more!! I want this love....
John 13:34-35 (KJV)
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
I have heard this too many times to count. Another favorite is when you have a "Mom" who says that they let God plan the size of their family and that's why they only have one child and that if God wanted you to have multiple children, He would have given you them himself - and you wouldn't have HAD to adopt. The gist is that you are going against God's wishes by adopting and manipulating the size of your family "unnaturally". I was absolutely dumbfounded when I heard this (at a womens prayer meeting of all places!). Some days I shake my head in wonderment at the flawed thinking and lack of common sense in my own home, but I guess the rest of the world isn't doing so well either.
ReplyDelete