Friday, October 19, 2012

Who?

I often wonder what on earth I'm doing!  Seriously, what good I am doing? (This is a ranting post...if you didn't figure that out already....two sentences in!!)

I live in a world overwhelmed by teenagers.  A world of constant cooking and cleaning, driving to school and from school, driving to practice and from practice, driving to games and from games, driving to church and from church...... and there are other small things like laundry, shopping (not the yeah fun kind, the drag a ton of groceries and put them away), errand running...and blogging:)

I know my strengths, I do.  I also know my weaknesses.  It seems lately life has been playing to my weaknesses.  I am not patient.  I am not long suffering of those who do not do what they are supposed to do. I am not overjoyed with disrespect or lack of appreciation. I am surrounded by teenagers who play to my weaknesses....  unknowingly, but none the less.

Yesterday Lita came home with a basketball physical form.

 Her words, "I need to get my physical today."
Me, "When did you get the form Lita?"
Lita, "Today"
Me, "and when do you have to turn it in?"
Lita, "Tomorrow."
Me, "Ok, where are they taking them?"
     **I will interject that the school usually has a day (or two) and a place to get physicals done so parents          do not have to pay for them.
Lita, "I don't know where."
Me, "Ok, who can you call and ask?"
Lita, "I don't know anyone to call and ask, but I have to get it done."
 **I do not have to state the obvious, I am very aggravated. So I text a couple of people and get no reply
Lita, "They said we can go to our own Doctor."
Me, "If you go to our Dr and insurance does not cover it YOU will pay for the physical."

I called, she went, she got it all taken care of ........and 30 minutes after she got home I got this text back...

"Coach B is getting a lady to come next week one day and give us our physicals at school."

<sigh>  Contrary to some of my children's thoughts, THEY are responsible for knowing THEIR stuff. IF Lita had paid attention all of the above would not have happened.

Last night Tasha tried to tell me the paperwork needed (which was not done) for her to leave with our youth minister this weekend from the away football game wasn't her responsibility..   Seriously?

Tasha, "It's not my responsibility mom."
Me, "Tasha, I am not a cheerleader and I am not going on the retreat, it isn't my responsibility. Whose do you think it is?"

As mom, I am responsible for many many things, but when I have teenagers who "want" to go and do, I truly feel it is they are responsible for getting forms and bringing them to me.  Yes, I have to fill them out, but if a person can't pick it up and bring it home? They probably don't want to go that badly. Crazy thought I know, but I feel that way.

I live in a crazy world made up of 90% teenagers.  I have listened to people blast the political parties and politics and society and the way we, as a country, are living, but I can honestly say.....

It could be so much worst!! Just imagine if TEENAGERS ruled this country!!!

I am, in all seriousness, extremely thankful children grow up. I am thankful the teenage years are not permanent.  I am just unsure I will mentally be sound when this group of teenagers do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment