I've had trouble with my computer overheating and just shutting off. I imagine it will happen several times before I complete this, thank goodness blogger saves drafts...I hope:)
A huge wave of frustration has simply been attitudes....<sigh> nothing new there, the same old same old yuck! Scott deals so much better with that than I. I listened, and actually smiled as I did, to him talk to one child today. He did these things....
1) Made them aware of an opportunity they needed to take advantage of....
2) Stated the obvious need.
3) laughed and let them have their say....
4) Said, "It really isn't a choice, so you might get used to it" (I might have paraphrased a bit).
5) The end.
I love him very much and I need to be more like him!!
I'm not so happy in my correction. I need to work on it. Frustration coupled with disrespect roll over me and like being tumbled by an big old wave at the ocean I come up with a terrible taste in my mouth and not very happy. That wave is the angry kind
There's been lots of wave riding though....So much has happened....
Isabella had her chorus concert. They all did such a good job!! The ending song? Don't Worry, Be Happy. :) I like that song.
Seth's class had a trip to Shiloh National Battlefield. Seth above is on crutches. He ran into a concrete wall at school and hit his knee then his head. He bruised the growth plate in his knee. He spent three days hopping around and was good as new.
The next few pictures are of my kiddos helping out at the church. Some super incredible teenage girls wanted to raise money to feed children in Haiti (and other places too). They wanted to donate a lot of money to GO Camp so kids could help prepare the meals and they could make more meals!! They sold manna tickets which were gifts by people, $5 a piece and they sold 500. They also had a dinner which was a huge success....this is my crew preparing for the meal......
The night of the meal I had servers (like Lita and Jessica below)....
The next is of all the servers....
These hardworking girls......
They organized and led our church to raise $25,000!!! Talk about the reward for hard work!! So exciting to see young adults who desire to work for good things and then make it happen!!!
On Mother's day my dad and step mom came to lunch. Sarah and Paden came too and of course brought sweet Lilly Kate. I loved this of my dad and Lilly Kate. Sweetness!!
Stuart came home and how fun to have him join Seth and I for Seth's Family Day Picnic.... Love these kind of moments!! They are the waves you ride and laugh while you do!!!
May brings big brothers and I snapped this as Michael headed out the door to go golfing with Stuart. Both golf left handed:) Stuart's clubs are left handed so it's a small party....My four lefties are Stuart, Caleb, Jacob, and Michael (in sports).
Fun is having big sisters enjoy special moments with us. Nina had her awards day and Sarah came too.. And Lilly Kate, who slept through it:)
Graduation rolled around and Jacob with his friend Tyler when to watch their friends walk:)
Tori had a super fun Bowling Party for her Softball team....she had to take desserts.
And SUMMER has arrived......I loved this picture from Seth's game Saturday night....JOY! They are currently undefeated and very happy.
I am undefeated too:) Frustrated at times, sad at time, laughing at time, smiling at times, but never defeated. Such is life, with God I cannot be lost, ....so for today, I am in a crazy ocean riding the waves and that is a good thing:)
I am learning that we Mama's take our kids junk so much more personal. My husband tries to handle all discipline/training/character issues, but we both know that some things can not wait until dad gets home!
ReplyDeleteI have missed you.
Love,
Summer
I feel exactly the same way about discipline!! My husband is so much more matter of fact about disobedience and just gets to the bottom line. I tend to talk (and talk and explain and talk some more lol) trying to get them to UNDERSTAND - I should understand by now that that is not how it works when you have emotional tweens and teens. I take the disrespect VERY personally. I guess that's something I really need to work on!
ReplyDelete