As my children grow up their visit home often feels like a "homecoming", it's a major event, and the feelings of thanksgiving that we always feel when surrounded by those we love so deeply is there, each and every time!
Stuart doesn't live all that far from us, I could get in my car this morning and be there in a four hours, I am thankful for that. But, I do not often get out of Savannah and he has such responsibilities with the church so he doesn't often get out of Kentucky either. Time home IS sweet!!
Stuart got here on Thursday and he sat through many hours of baseball with me on Thursday night. He looks good carrying mom's equipment:) I love this guy!! He's a good person. I am not sure every parent can say that about every child, I'm not sure all people even acknowledge the importance of "good", but I do.
This weekend, actually tonight, Stuart is trying our for a youth minister position that would be just a few miles from home (as in less than ten minutes). He would (if he chose and certainly for now) be able to move home and be close. That's a thought almost to big to contain! We (me myself, I and my household) would be overjoyed! So, the best thing I can offer is prayer and I have prayed for this incredible son!!
I'd like to see his face in my pictures a whole lot more:)
No comments:
Post a Comment