Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fun at the Farm



Family.

That word means nearly everything to me.  My life has been spent with family dominating the majority of my world.  I was the oldest of nine children and truly loved family growing up.  I married and slowly but surely became a wife and a mother, the wife only once but the mother thing over and over again.

I never remember my mother reminding her children to "care for one another or to love one another"....we did and we were always close to home.  When mom home we gathered.

I want that.  I get frustrated at times by the lack of importance others place on family.  I see that becoming such a worldly issue.  It is everywhere.  It's selfishness.  It's sad.

So, when I have days like yesterday?  I cherish them.  I love having mine come together. I love being with these wonderful people!!  They are all my people and I love them dearly.  Just wish I had had them all with us!  But I did enjoy and was thankful for those I had:)


My dad and Caleb.  Caleb was my dad's first grandson.  Not the oldest anymore:)  But the first boy.  My dad was at the hospital the morning he was born before my mom (a rare thing).  He was on his way to work and stopped to see him.  It seems like yesterday that I laid in the hospital bed taking pictures of my dad holding Caleb for the first time.  They are much alike (although my dad would like to claim easy going Jacob....I am afraid strong personality traits AND looks make this pair quite a pair!).

I wish I had a penny for every "branch", or creek as my kids would say,  picture  I have taken here...they never get old!

Sarah let Lilly Kate dip her toes for the first time.  Lilly Kate did not like the cool(freezing) water!  But, she and her mommy looked awfully sweet!

I'm not sure this picture could have been any sweeter!  My sister Sandy's trio of terrifically wonderful boys!!!

Ryan......this is about his pace...lol!

John played with this fellow a long time....oh how wish he had let go of John's finger  when I took this:)

Goofy guys!

Jacob and Morgan. 

John and Lindsay.

My guys are growing up and choosing well!!  

My beautiful sister-in-law Kim holding LK.

These three are a mess....well, Zack (left) is not a big a mess as my brother Jon (Zach's dad) and my silly son Caleb.  

Lilly Kate and her daddy .....both with serious expressions.

Isabella who sat here the whole time....I think.  She might have moved to get dinner:)

Creek  watchers:)


This was taken as I turned to see who nearly nailed me in the head with the Frisbee...thankfully a tree intervened.  It was Lita!

My dad grilling with Michael:)

Sarah and Tori keeping Lilly Kate company.

Chad and Sandy and their three guys.  Seth said they were the three stooges....they are super funny guys!  But I have never seen them poke anyone in the eyes!  Just listening to them is hilarious:)

Mama Nell (my grandmother), Clara Ruth (my step mom) and Sarah with Lilly Kate. I think Lilly was talking to them:)

These guys are a mess!!  Funny, but a mess:)



I love family and especially my own.  It was a good day and I am so glad my dad and Clara Ruth had us all up to enjoy each other!!!

1 comment:

  1. Every time you post pics of the farm I am amazed at the beauty and serenity. It looks like a haven of tranquility.

    ReplyDelete