Among the pictures we took Father's Day this was one of my favorites. No doubt where all those blue eyes come from:) Super sweet picture of Scott and Sarah....Lilly Kate does not take living room pictures well....the cieling fan captures her interest and there's just not competing...lol:)
Paden, Sarah and Lilly Kate on Paden's first Father's Day. He sure is a good daddy!!
On the porch Lilly Kate, with her neat uncle Jacob, was so sweet!! I love her toes and smug look. It's almost like she's saying "I've got him right where I want him!". I think she does:)
For her mommy she smiled so sweetly!! Above picture and especially below:)
My family, my greatest loves all come from a life lived with one of the best men I have ever known.
I am so blessed, and our children are so blessed. I am not sure they can even fathom the depth of Scott's love and dedication. He is a wonderful man of God! He desires so greatly for his children to be strong wonderful people....people who have their priorities right! Our children can never ever blame their father for their lack of success.
I had a young man in his twenties tell me he didn't know how we did it. He said "All your kids are so great!" I laughed and told him everyone didn't have everything together.....he seemed shocked. Life is tough. Raising kids is even tougher. We have bunch who are doing so well!! We are so thankful and truly blessed. We have an equal number who are on their way to being "there". Such is life.
Today we had a meeting with one child that was tough. My text to him following the meeting was this:
".......No one loves you more than dad. No one wants more for you than dad. No one has ever helped you more than dad. I hope someday you realize that. He simply wants you to be a wonderful man!"
Those words are true, but they are true for all my children. Scott is a great dad and he is so thoughtful and intentional about his choices and words. I sure do love this man!! I am so blessed:)
Happy Father's Day Scott!!!
What a wonderful post! I feel the exact same way about my darling hubby. Sometimes kids take their fathers' insistence on being accountable or responsible as criticism in some way, but that's not it at all!! My dh is also very intentional about his choices and words. He always says, "I say what I mean and I mean what I say". The kids think it's funny, but it's 100% true. Our kids are very, very lucky.
ReplyDelete